Fortnite Season 7 just received another major map update that will be quickly noticed by fans on PS4, Xbox, PC, Nintendo Switch and Mobile platforms.
For anyone watching the Game Awards or playing Fortnite Battle Royale, you may have just seen something big happen to a well-known location.
That’s because Epic Games just crushed Risky Reels and replaced it with The Block.
The Block is a new feature for Fortnite Season 7 that will play host to player-created content.
According to Epic Games, players will get some say on what is put in the Fortnite Block, with successful designs needing to be shared on social media with a special hashtag attached.
“The most exciting and imaginative islands built in Creative will be featured on the “The Block” in the Battle Royale map. Can you create something that will inspire the world? Will you become Fortnite Famous?
“We encourage you to share your creations with your friends and on social media using the #FortniteBlockParty. We’ll be looking closely at social for candidates.”
The Block is a new feature that will improve and evolve over time, according to Epic Games, and likely means that it is in early access.
For those wanting to add their own design to The Block, here are the rules for submission:
- 25×25 tile area on a flat section of your island. It’s very important that your creations can fit nicely on The Block.
- Try to keep your ‘Memory Used’ less than 50,000. Efficiency is just as important as creativity!
- Chests, floor loot and vehicle spawns will be determined by Epic. No need to include these.
These new designs will be sourced from players who are using Fortnite Creative Mode, which means it will be available on all platforms.
Fortnite Creative Mode is currently only available to those how have bought a Battle Pass.
Epic Games has announced that Creative Mode will be made available next week to all Fortnite players.
Epic Games has also confirmed that to have your creation featured in The Block, players will need to follow the Creative Mode guidelines, which can be found below:
- Respect other players. Be kind when creating and editing with others. Discriminatory language, hate speech, threats, spam, and other forms of harassment or illegal behavior will not be tolerated.
- Keep account information safe and private. Giving access to your account puts you at risk. Do not share your account information or the account information of others.
- Be friendly and have fun!
- Engage in hate speech, threats, spam, harassment, discriminatory or illegal behaviour.
- Be overly commercial or spammy.
- Create or display any pornographic content in association with Fortnite.
- Violate any copyright or trademark of Epic Games or any other third party.
- Promote or engage in gambling associated with Fortnite.
- Participate in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Epic Games, defrauds the game or any other player.